Tuesday 13 July 2010

The BIG one

So the day itself...

has come and gone, and what a little cracker of a day it was!



Every girl's wedding day is supposed to be the 'Best Day of Her Life' and absolutely perfect and everything, so there was the usual expectation and pressure but moreover curiosity about how I was actually going to feel about the day and how it was going to pan out. Do not forget I have been organising and planning this since December 25th 2008, ( I was not to be rushed!) so I've had more than enough time getting it right, and well, I am pretty easy going about such things. I've been told if I was any more laid back I'd be horizontal in the past which sounds like I am a idle or sluggish  - which I am not, I just don't panic too much or torment myself with worry.

Having said that I had nada, zilch, zero amount of sleep the night before. I get anxiety attacks occasionally which generally occur as night terrors, which my friend Helen and I call affectionately "The Fear" My last one happened before I flew out to Rwanda on a volunteer trip. I guess it was only right that I should have one the night before the BIG day. It wasn't because I had doubts about marrying my man or worried about supposedly spending the rest of my life with 'the one' (although that is a scary notion in itself generally), no, it was because the wedding was imminent, it was upon me, like NOW. Shit! There wasn't another day to punch heart garlands or fluff tissue paper pom poms. This was happening, this was real. Face it. EVERYONE WILL BE WATCHING YOU!

Happily the next day I felt a lot better even though a blanket of dark cloud had engulfed the blues skies of yesterday. It wasn't volcanic ash, just typically unpredictable, crappy English weather (yes I know, it's been beautiful for weeks!) and my eyes hurt and felt as tiny as fly poo. My mood was greatly improved by Demelza's (chief bridesmaid, who remained a sleeping beauty all night sans small child) knowing grin, as a recently married gal, and a cuppa brought up by my Step-Mum Mimi and Aunty Lulu singing Here Comes the Bride, tra la la. I chuckled and breathed a sigh of tired relief.



It then proceeded to rain and rain whilst we scurried around the marquee with rosemary place names, adding the final touches to the tables and whatever we needed to do before we got ourselves ready..



    Wellie boots, future father-in-law and rain

Malou my fantastic photographer for the day did a wonderful job capturing special moments throughout the day, along with her assistant Debbie. Do check out her site for a lot more lovely pics.





The hastily put together Bridesmaid Boudoir was to be my step-mother's painting studio, because according to Malou, the light was good. We tentatively perched between easels and oil paints, still life canvases of lemons and cherries and strangely a stuffed stoat. What commenced was a commotion of

 hair tong curling,  
 flower clip fastening, 
hues of blue pashmina choosing, 
nail polishing, rose bud nudging 
and cleavage stuffing.



 

 


Lovely, lovely Lily, Flower Girl.
 






The sun did come out...eventually...TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment